A College Student's Obsession With Haute Couture

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Jackets Galore!

Holiday season is fast approaching, and what better gift to splurge on than a new jacket? Following are my favorite finds:






Rag & Bone "Pris Jacket"- Available on shopbop for $555, I'm obsessing over this statement blazer with just the perfect amount of simplistic detail to truly shine on its very own or to compliment any outfit. I envision it with a white blouse-y tank and black patent aa leggings or with a black tank tucked into high-waisted, thick-banded, wide-leg gray or black wool pants. Night and day perhaps?




Mossimo "Wool Cape" - One of my cheaper finds at Target, this Mossimo cape is just as fantastically designed as any caplet on the runways, and at $44.99 it definitely won't break the bank. I am a huge supporter of the caplet trend, though it is one of the more trendier trends, so always in favor of avoiding those pricey purchases you'll later regret - I suggest getting this adorably chic and affordable jacket. In gray or black, you simply can't go wrong.


Mossimo "3/4 Sleeve Wool Coat" - Also a cheap find from Target, this Mossimo jacket comes in a variety of colors (I'm eyeing the red one...) and illustrates elegance through the feminine peter pan collar and 3/4 length gathered sleeves. Can't you imagine walking down two different roads with this jacket - one with an overhang of gorgeous fall colors, and the other a more barren branches and blankets of white scene? Dreams do come true, you know.


Madison Marcus "Ardent Pullover Leather Jacket" - I dream of leather. I dream of pullovers. I dream of this jacket, often and with vigor. I WANT. What more can I comment about the perfect structure of this jacket: the versatility it offers with short bell sleeves and color and vertical well pockets? There are no words.
--Photo courtesy of shopbop.com


Elizabeth And James "Lizzy Jacket" - Hello there blazer with the most spectacular silhouette shown this fall. How do you do? Oh? You want to be in my closet? Oh you want to be worn with my new patent black leather booties, aa leather leggings, and white v-neck tee? Oh you want me to wear you to class as well with a gray wool mini, tights, and oxford booties? Well maybe I'll let you into my closet. Only if you're good. That means you have to be nice to the other jackets not as fabulous as you. I'll consider it.



Mike & Chris "Clyde Jacket" - Brought to you ON SALE from Rarechic.com, this Mike & Chris jacket has a fantastic neckline, perfect pairing of gun metal grey and nylon, and cropped shape. I want for my marc by marc jacobs combat rainboots NOW.


Calvin Klein "Patent Vest with Foldover Collar" - I attended the Redskins game last night (we lost to Tony Romo, if you care) and was inspired by the vests the cheerleaders were wearing to keep warm. While their style was extremely outdated (very 70's-esque v-block colored burgundy, orange and white), I still envisioned a puffy vest being in my closet for those warm winter days. And lo-and-behold, Macy's brought to me this orange updated vest with patent orange leather and a cool foldover collar. On sale for $76, this jacket is a serious contender for my winter splurges.




Calvin Klein "Couture Suit" - Looking for a more vintage version of the Rag & Bone blazer? Or do you have a long torso (if so, you receive primo jealousy points from me)? This suit jacket is GORGEOUS. For every reason stated under Rag & Bone plus some - because you can actually wear this jacket as an overcoat. So it's versatility goes through the roof! Thank you UrbanCollection.com for this fabulous find.



VPL "Denim Jacket" - Last but not least, VPL gives me my favorite find of the season. The blue jewel tone. The puffy 3/4 length closed bell sleeve. Two more words: Metallic. TWILL. 'Nuff said. In my dreams I see myself wearing this jacket all season long, and all next fall, and all next winter, and the year after that, and the year after that, until the jacket comes apart in my hands - in which case I'll break it down into accessory components (headband, handbag, and belt, anyone?). I see this jacket as an all together perfect day jacket. A signature of sorts. Please, couture fairy, give me this for Hannukah?

1 comment: